About St. John's

 

Our History

St. John's Lutheran Church of Perrysville has served the North Hills of Pittsburgh since its founding in 1867.  The congregation was originally established for German Lutheran residents in the area near the Perry Plank Road.  The first sanctuary was a small frame building.

Over the past century and a half, St. John's has grown and flourished through its dedication to the worship of God and services in His name, coupled with a strong emphasis on Christian education and the benevolent work of the synod.  St. John's is a member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.

Pastor Emeritus, Rev. Robert W.  Strobel

Our Founding Principles

  • Jesus is Lord

  • We foster an environment of spiritual growth and Christian fellowship

  • We encourage, forgive and support one another in our life of faith

  • Worshiping together, experiencing God's presence in Word and Sacrament, shapes our faith

  • The Church is the Church when it exists for Christ by serving others through outreach

  • The love of God compels us to welcome everyone and to leave no one out

Our Call

Faithful to God's call, our congregation is to:

  • worship God and serve Him through serving others

  • proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ

  • bring ourselves and others to the Lord through the Holy Spirit

St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church of Perrysville 2019

  • facebook-square